West-Can Seal Coating believes that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimize our waste and reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- Where applicable, we purchase products and services that are the most environmentally friendly and encourage others to do the same.
- Research haul routes and supply lines to minimize unnecessary energy consumption.
- Continuously researching new technologies that are more energy minded and efficient.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and adhere to the high standard it requires.
- Educate owners and consultants on the most environmental process available.
- Update our environmental policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.